Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The hardest thing in the world

Sometime around last Christmas I looked at myself in the mirror. I really didn't like what I saw. So I decided I would once and for lose all the extra weight I'm carrying around.

Dec 25th: 292 lbs.

Since then I have lost 12 lbs. Thing is, I was at 12 pounds in February. I haven't lost any more weight, nor have I put it back on. I'm kind of on this very annoying plateau. So I figure If I post my weight once every week here, it gives me kind of a goal to look forward to. 1-3 pounds between every post I'd hope, though for someone my size counting calories and exercising it can easily be 7 lbs a week in a healthy manner. I just don't have the will power for that most of the time.

So here's the challenge. According to LoseIt! (The calorie counting app on my i-touch) I am allowed 1,685 calories today in order to weigh less tomorrow. As I lose weight it adjusts my allowed intake accordingly. By next Christmas, I want to weigh at most, 220 lbs. Still not ideal, but it allows for a healthy amount of weight loss and 72 lbs in a year would freakin thrill me.

So hopefully blogging in about this every week will help me stay honest and on track.

Start Weight: 292 lbs.
Todays Weight: 280 lbs.

Ready? Go!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. Weight loss can be a bitch. I've learned from experience that *routines* helps soooo much. Have "go to" items that are filling yet not too caloric. Lean pockets for example - 290 calories a pocket, but pretty filling! (ignore the whole sodium factor there! hee hee) Fiber one bars taste like candy bars but only have 140 calories AND they make you poop! And try not to weigh in daily - it'll just frustrate you when you see both up and down fluctuations. Just weigh in once a week at the same time of the day. You can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my go to items, I'm just currently out of em lol.

    Smarties (And yes fun dip :P) for the sugary craving, and Special K chocolate drizzle. Only 90 calories.

    And thanks Shannon!!! :D

    ReplyDelete