Monday, May 3, 2010

Are you watching closely...

I've recently discovered that I have a certain love for magic. You see for the longest time the movie that closed out my Top 3 was The Prestige. A story of two magicians whose careers lock them in an epic struggle against themselves and one another. Then I realized by complete coincidence while shelving books at the Borders I work at that The Prestige was originally a book. A fantastic book. And one that lit the fire on my current obsession with prestidigitation.

So like any sane person who wants to become a magician, I immediately bought myself a spanking new deck of cards or 3 and went on Youtube to search for card tricks. I mastered a few and put on a show, got a wow, then proceeded to screw up the next trick quite horribly.

I now own a book on all things magician. The Everything book as a matter of fact.

I fully intend on memorizing that thing and being able to perform with some degree of professionalism. Its so much fun :D

Only bummer is I can now spot certain moves done by other people. It's kind of a thrill being able to spot it. But the thing is I can't even congratulate him on his method without revealing something about it. Such is the life of a real magician.

God I hope I can get good enough to have to worry about my secrets being revealed.

[/complete dork moment]

No comments:

Post a Comment